#TIFF13 Kill Your Darlings

Wednesday, September 11, 2013


The title of this post could easily have been: "The day I met Harry Potter", because I did, sort of. Let me go back a few steps. I entered a few TIFF related contests hoping to score tickets to a movie. I had neglected to purchase tickets in advanced and at this point in the TIFF game (more than half way through) winning/ receiving tickets to the big premieres is the only option.

I entered an RT to win contest through SKYY Vodka, and won! I lucked out completely and got tickets to Kill Your Darlings, starring Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) & Michael C. Hall (Dexter). The seats ended up being in the mezzanine, beside what I noticed were some prime empty seats. Well, turns out those prime seats were for none other than the ENTIRE cast of the film. Harry Potter and Dexter mere meters away. 

I had gone with A and managed to walk out of the mezzanine seating at the same time as Daniel Radcliffe (DR, for short). A and I both got a few words in and I also gave him the "thumbs up". Ugh. Where did that come from?  He half smile said "thanks" and gave the thumbs up back. Meeting, successful.

We exited, saw the blacked out cars leave, but no more celebrity sightings on the walk home. I missed Joseph Gordon Levitt (sad) as his movie was premiering a few blocks away. Next year! And that was it. Possibly the beginning and ending of my TIFF13 experience all in one night. But wow, what a great night it was.

Thanks, TIFF! See you next year.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code

<