Tuesday Night Dinner: Coconut Shrimp

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I have lucked out (knock on wood) in the last little while. I filled out a survey that someone at work had e-mailed out about one of my favourite local fair trade (and co-op) chocolate places... And I won!

I walked over to the La Siembra office (their office is about 3 blocks from mine) and picked up my basket: Chocolate, coffee,  sugar, coconut and more chocolate! Yum.  I promised them I would send over my recipes and pictures of the delicious food I made using their products.

First up: Coconut Shrimp

All you need: egg, flour, coconut, shrimp, oil for frying 

 sizzle. sizzle. sizzle.

A quick, yet perfectly delicious, dinner.

It takes about 10 minutes to do this: Peel the shrimp and throw it into a bowl with a little flour. Dip the flour coated shrimp into a bowl with beaten egg whites. Take them out and roll in fair trade coconut. Pop them into a frying pan with a little oil. Keep an eye on them as they burn quick! Serve on lettuce, or rice. A nice addition would be sweet chili dipping sauce, but I love them just as they are.

So, will you be over for the next round?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code

<