Long weekend fun: Montreal

Monday, May 23, 2011

Saturday was a fabulous day of shopping, eating, seeing the gorgeous tulips around Parliament and drinking wine on a rooftop patio. J, F & I spent the afternoon lounging and enjoying the weather (seriously, the first day of sunshine in what felt like forever) and discussing our weekend plans. We decided to take the opportunity and drive to Montreal. I haven't been since I was young and none of us had any Sunday plans. The weather was supposed to be so/so (not too hot, not too cold, maybe a little rain). Plans we're made, drinks were had.

Turns out that Sunday was actually a perfect day. We arrived around 11am, parked and took the metro into the heart of the city. We got off at a top near the art gallery (which I'm sure would have been the first stop had it started to rain) and had fun playing on the musical swings. First 2 minutes and I remembered how much I loved this city. 

Musical swings.

Having way too much fun on the swings

Exploring Old Montreal.

The view from our dinner dining spot 

Oh yes, we rent Bixi bikes and rode around the city for hours! 

I made them take breaks for picture opportunities. They made me bike up steep hills.  

It was a very impromptu day. We decided we were either going to end up in NYC or Montreal (8 hours vs. 1 1/2 hours) but ended up deciding that crossing the boarder in a car that didn't belong to either of us probably wasn't the best idea. I have a feeling that NYC will happen soon, though.  So it was a great day. A bit of shopping (why has no one told me about Simons before?), lots of walking and oh so much time spent biking in and around the city. A perfect long weekend day.

I need to buy a bicycle.
And maybe live here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code

<