Listen to this: Girl Talk

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I was introduced to the musical selections of Girl Talk one Christmas party. Friends of mine all lived (or was it just that everyone was always there?) in one house downtown and there was always music on. This one particular party I remember hearing a mash up and asking one of them who it was. Girl Talk. I went home and myspaced (back in the day when myspace was still pretty cool, especially for getting great music). It was, as they say, music to my ears. I've been listening non-stop ever since... maybe even too much. Especially to this song:


Back in my Australia days (I long for those days) DS & I hit up Big Day Out and, of all the bands playing, the only one I was adamant about seeing was Girl Talk. It was unreal. We danced around. Sang to the songs and enjoyed the hecticness that is a Girl Talk set. 

Fast forward a year and a bit and I'm looking at my Twitter feed and notice: 

Yes, yes, yesssss! So, I'll hopefully catch this show. Maybe even go on stage (can anyone help me out with this?). Consider this an open invitation to anyone that would like to come to the party! S + Girl Talk + Bluesfest + You.

 Let's do this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code

<