New York, New York - it's a hell of a town!

Thursday, December 30, 2010

It's been a whirl wind of an adventure this holiday season! I landed in Nashville a few days before Christmas and celebrated in Kentucky. Fun Fact: It was the first time in 17 years Nashville has had a white Christmas! 

Flash forward a week...  I check my flight time to assure it hasn't moved and, ready for this? Cancelled. I call in a panic-- they can't get me on a flight until January 31st. It was the 28th. So I rack my brain thinking of ways to get myself from Nashville to NYC... I finally go for this option:

December 27th at
10:00am- leave Hopkinsville, Kentucky
1:30pm- fly from Nashville to Detroit
5:00pm- Airbus from Detroit to home
8:59pm- By ticket at Greyhound station for 3:20am departure to Toronto


December 28th at
3:20am- leave home for Toronto
6:20am- board bus in Toronto
7:23pm- Arrive at Greyhound station in NYC
8:30pm- Grab (the most expensive cab in the world) to the Upper East Side
8:55pm- Climb 6 flights of stairs to the apartment situated on the top floor of a 6 floor walk up.
9:00pm- Breathe.  2 days of travel and I've made it here, finally!



Since I arrived so late, we decided to grab a typical timed dinner (ie. after 10pm) at Cafeteria. Unreal dinner-- I had the turkey burger loaded with avocado, tomato, and lettuce with fries. Yum! A opted for the MAC ATTACK (3 variations of Mac and Cheese). Since we were already there, we found a hole-in-the-wall bar to grab a drink and ended up singing karaoke with a bunch of business people all night!

Day 2 began a little late... by 11am, we managed to get ourself back outside and took a walk to Sarabeth for brunch. I thought dinner the prior night was great, but today I ordered Crab Cakes and nearly died. So so soooo good! A had Eggs Benedict-- an ideal breakfast/lunch combination!

The rest of the day took on a more photo shoot style:


Coffee. Tea. Wonderful sweets and an entertaining  subway ride with a slightly less attractive (but Mad Men styled) version of Eli Roth.

A typical day in New York City. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code

<