Twitter. #blogchat. You.

Monday, October 4, 2010



Sometimes I stumble upon some interesting things online--facts, stories, ideas... These are the main reason I love Twitter. Say what you will about the microblogging site-- it does actually provide information more pertinent than, say, "Eating grilled cheese and watching tv" (because what you're eating is so very important to us all). Don't get me wrong, I'm sure at some point I've posted my delicious meal of the day, in fact, I've blogged about some of my favourite meals- but what I'm getting at is that Twitter is a great outlet for real information.

My fellow bloggers may (or may not) know about #blogchat-- a Sunday evening chat via Twitter that brings together a massive amount of bloggers from all over the world responding to, or answering questions posted by other Tweeters-- all surrounding a main topic.  This evenings overall topic was "creating compelling content in blogs".

In this crazy 20 posts every few seconds hashtag frenzy, some interesting things came up...

Like a study on Social media and narcissism in young people. (hmm I have a personal blog...)

And did you know Pharrell Williams has a blog for young people called Kidult ? I didn't either.... now you know!

If you have any interest in blogging or just want to attempt to read about 5,000 tweets in a few hours- hop on Twitter!

#blogchat on Twitter happens every Sunday at 10pm (my time) and it's a wealth of blogging information (the brainchild of Mack Collier ) and anyone is invite to join, read, respond, read the transcript .

Will anyone be joining in next week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code

<