Channeling my inner hippie

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Today turned into another fantastic road trip. Destination: Byron Bay!

I sort of dropped the ball on several opportunities to go over the last year, so when I got the invite this time, I couldn't resist. Byron Bay is about an hour from my door by car and just over the Queensland/ New South Wales boarder, so really, I needed to get here before I left.

We managed to get a little shopping in prior to hitting the scenic spots and grabbed lunch at Fresh, this delicious restaurant just off the main strip. I have never had banana/ coconut bread quite like it before-- and with passionfruit butter. YUM! Need to keep this place in mind next time I go!

We did some more wandering and drove up to the point/ lighthouse. I know I look pretty chill in the first picture but inside I was saying "LOOK AT THIS VIEW!!!" over and over. So soo soooo pretty!


Here's Helena (my roomie) and I at the sign. Did you know that this exact point of Byron is the most easterly point of the Australian Mainland? 

Now you do! 

And up here is also this amazing lighthouse. I'd like to live in this lighthouse... sigh


Turned out to be a great day in Byron Bay! The only downside (and sorry for harping about it all day J, S and H) was the realization that Byron Bay Organic Donuts- the BEST dark chocolate filled donuts I have ever had (remember here when I went on about them?) were gone. GONE. Closed up and now a SUSHI place. Seriously? Totally bummer. But hey, the upside: I just spent the day in Byron Bay! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code

<