Channeling Charlie Brown

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hello everyone, Jenna here again with another DIY post! I don't know about you guys, but I just love Charlie Brown. Most people were Snoopy fans, but Charlie was always my favourite. It wasn't until recently, however, that I really noticed what Charlie Brown was wearing, he's actually pretty stylin'. I have been seeing that zig zag pattern (also know as chevron) from his shirt everywhere lately, from greeting cards to furniture and I am in love!


So, I found a metal tray at the thrift store for $3 and decided I was going to spice it up Charlie Brown style. So with some spray paint and my favourite wood look drawer liner mactac I made a fun summer tray!

What you need:
  • a tray of some description
  • a bit of sandpaper
  • spray paint (2 colours)
  • wood drawer liner (or mactac, even masking tape would work!)

Steps:
  1. Use the sandpaper to rough up the tray a bit to make it easier for the spray paint to stick
  2. Spray paint the tray your first colour
  3. Cut your mactac out in the chevron patter (I found a clipart picture of it, printed it off, and then traced it onto cardboard to use as a template to trace onto the mactac)
  4. Place the cut outs of the pattern evenly on the tray
  5. Spray paint your second colour
  6. Peel off the mactac and enjoy!


And here's the final product, isn't it so much better that that boring metal tray, and how fun would it be to put out for a summer BBQ! Until next time everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code

<